Friday, September 4, 2009

Let's Fight To Get It Back Again (Absolute Evil)






Pearl Jam - "The Fixer"

Yeah, hey, hey

When somethings dark, let me shed a little light on it
When somethings cold, let me put a little fire on it
If somethings old, I wanna put a bit of shine on it
When somethings gone, I wanna fight to get it back again

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, fight to get it back again
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

When somethings broke, I wanna put a bit of fixin on it
When somethings bored, I wanna put a little exciting on it
If somethings low, I wanna put a little high on it
When somethings lost, I wanna fight to get it back again

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, fight to get it back again
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

When signals cross, I wanna put a little straight on it
If theres no love, I wanna try to love again

I’ll say your prayers, I’ll take your side
I'll find us a way to make light
I'll dig your grave, we'll dance and sing
What's saved could be one last lifetime

Hey, hey, hey yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, fight to get it back again
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah fight to get it back again, yeah, yeah, yeah
Fight to get it back again, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

---

When something's wrong? I wanna put a little right on it. Yet, again. I've been overwhelmed by the inhumane practices applied to animals. When something's a lie? I wanna put a little truth on it. Here's the truth.

Three or four days ago, an animal-rights group, Mercy For Animals, leaked a video they took during an undercover mission into the Hy-Line North America's hatchery in Spencer, Iowa. An undercover member of Mercy For Animals obtained a job at the hatchery. The hacthery sells 33.4 million chicks a year. These chicks are destined to be egg layers and eventually meat.

However, what our lovely egg packages don't tell us is that approximately 33.4 male chicks are slaughtered just so Americans can eat their omelets every morning. In the egg-laying industry, male chicks serve no purpose. They are not capable of laying eggs and they don't grow large enough or fast enough to be sold into the meat bird industry.

So, what does the egg industry do about it? Well... they shove these chicks down a grinder while still alive. Alive and kicking, they are grinded to pieces. The egg industry calls this mass-euthanization, I call it inhumane, disgusting, and frightening.

And, as if, the grinding of 35 million chicks isn't enough, during the processing prior to the grinding, these chicks are sorted (female from males). Males are tossed into the grinder without much concern for their pain. Flung like a tissue into the garbage, these little guys are tossed (often into the walls of the grinder) around. They end up in the grinder, on the floor, behind the conveyor belt, in the other machines like the power washer that scalds the babies. Are these animals picked back up- taken care of. No, they are left to die on the floor, behind the belt, scalded.

Inhumane... inhumane. I don't think it can get much worse.

Not only that, but this is a wasted resource. With world hunger on the rise, why wouldn't we donate these birds to third world countries? Why not educate people on how to raise male chicks? These animals could be eaten. Why waste a resource? A neverending resource, nonetheless. 35 million chickens... could feed (two chickens a day per family of 5) 47,945 families or 239,726 people for a year... EVERY YEAR!

I mean, does no one think about these things?! Everyone screams about "save the children"... this is the exact opposite.

Now that I've learned this information, I have chosen to abstain from commercial chicken and eggs. I will be purchasing any and all eggs or meat from farmers markets, whose birds are fed, cared for and not culled.

Imagine a world of farmed humans, where all the male humans are slaughtered in a meat grinder, while still alive. Would you allow that? OF COURSE NOT! So, what's the difference here? These birds are exploited for human gain. And really, is it worth the price? Is it worth the mental pain to know that your eggs come from an industry that slaughters baby chicks? Not for me. No, it's not.

For further information and the video evidence... click the link below.

(http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/09/03/warning-baby-boy-chicks-ground-alive-so-you-can-eat-eggs/?icid=main%7caim%7cdl3%7clink3%7chttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dailyfinance.com%252F2009%252F09%252F03%252Fwarning-baby-boy-chicks-ground-alive-so-you-can-eat-eggs)


Would you put this little guy in a grinder just to eat scrambled eggs?
What's your price?

No comments:

Post a Comment