Sunday, September 20, 2009

URSA Freedom Project and Animals Asia Charity

In the next few weeks, I will be planning a charity event at my college representing the URSA Freedom Project and Animals Asia. This charity event will benefit these groups and help to liberate the 9,000 bears held in bile farms as I write. Proceeds will help rescue, house, feed, and care for the bears held illegally in these farms.

I'm hoping to get local bands, poets, writers, and artists involved in a sort of, "Artists Speak Out For A Cause", venue. As well is this, I would like to get some local businesses involved like local radio stations, tattoo shops, salons, clothing shops, etc.

In this event, I'm hoping to get maybe 3 or 4 local bands together who are willing to play free of charge for charity. Each of these bands will perform a 3 song spread. In between bands, I'm hoping to interject an art auction with art provided by local artists. These pieces of art should be wildlife related. As well as this, inbetween bands, we could have local poets and writers, perform a piece of work which should be wildlife related.

If I can get some support from local businesses with donations, I'd also like to provide those donations for auction. Maybe, gift certificates or specialized merchandise.

It's all in the planning right now, but I'm hoping I can get some local feedback and support.

If you live in PA and want to get involved (whether you be part of a band, an artist of some sort, or you just want to help out), send me an email at Karma65747@hotmail.com or send me a message on myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment